Talking about sunscreen in winter might sound absurd to some, but trust me its not. Sunscreen is not a luxury but a necessity. Let me explain why.
The sun produces two type of radiations that sneak through the ozone onto us. ‘Ultraviolet A’ rays which causes early aging. Hyper pigmentation, dark spots and wrinkles are a few signs of aging. ‘Ultraviolet B’ rays are one that burn the skin. And its Ultraviolet A and B in combination cause cancer. Now that we know how harmful it is being exposed to sun, what needs to done? The answer is stay indoor, LOL just kidding.
Few things that you can do to protect yourself from Ultraviolet rays:
- Sun protective clothing
- Using things that will help you avoid direct exposure from sun, like umbrella and sunglasses
- Sunscreen with minimum of SPF30
We all know how to deal with the first two points, but how do we know which Sunscreen will best suit our needs? This is what you need to look for:
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF) ->> To protect against UV B rays
- PA ->> To protect against UV A rays. You can find products with PA, PA ++ or PA+++
+ simply means additional protection towards UV A rays.
Now that you are equipped with the basic knowledge, lets start with the review of Vichy SPF5O Capital Soleil Sunscreen.
Vichy has a wide range of sunscreens to offer for every skin type. I choose the one for the sensitive skin to be on a safer side.
Vichy SPF5O Capital Soleil comes in the squeeze tube which makes it convenient to travel with. Because no sunscreens are sweat or waterproof they need to be applied after every 2 to 3 hours, if you are constantly exposed to sun. Hence it is very important for the packing to be travel friendly.
The tube comes with the flip flop cap which is very sturdy and the opening is right enough to give a proper control to dispense the lotion.
Price: INR 890 for 50ml
- MEXORYL® XL &SX
- Silica micro-beeds: Disperses sebum and has a light scattering effect to avoid shine.
- Corn starch powder: Absorbs sebum droplets on skin surface to enhance powdery feel and softness
How to use:
Apply just before exposure. Re-apply frequently and generously to maintain protection especially after swimming, perspiring or towelling.
The formula is like any BB cream but the one that keeps your face matte. It easily spreads over the face and gives a cooling effect. The product sinks into the skin within few minutes without leaving any white caste behind. If you are looking for a sunscreen which can complement your makeup, I would recommend it.
- No Paraben
- Does not leave white caste
- Dry touch finish, no white streaks, non greasy, non sticky.
- SPF 50 with UVA and UVB protection
- Travel friendly packaging
- Contains thermal spring water
- Cooling effect
- Best for sensitive skin
- UVA + UVB Protection: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Lasting ability: 5/5
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Value for money: 5/5
Overall rating: 4.9/5
Highly recommended! Best sunscreen for oily and sensitive skin types. Definite repurchase for me.